Burial or Graveside Services
How to Plan a Funeral
Grief & Guidance
Use the form above to find your loved one. You can search using the name of your loved one, or any family name for current or past services entrusted to our firm.Click here to view all obituaries
Harrod Brothers Funeral Home is a member of the Selected Independent Funeral Homes, a worldwide professional association of independent, locally owned funeral homes who share a common interest in continuous growth and improvement to best serve families and individuals in their times of need. All selected members have been hand-selected for membership, and as a member, we’ve have agreed to uphold the professional and ethical standards of the shared Code of Good Practice, and hereby pledge:
1. To provide the public with information about funeral and cremation services, including prices, functions and the responsibilities of funeral directors
2. To make services available in as wide a range of price categories as necessary to meet the needs of all segments of our community, and to affirmatively extend to everyone the right to inspect and freely consider them all
3. To quote conspicuously in writing the charge for every arrangement offered, and to clearly identify the services, facilities, equipment and merchandise included in such quotations
4. To adhere to the highest standard of conduct in all aspects of business
5. To afford an ongoing opportunity to all persons to discuss or arrange funerals in advance
6. To ensure that pre-need contracts fully disclose those items which are guaranteed and those which are nonguaranteed, in terms that are clear and easy to understand
7. To manage prepaid funds responsibly, ensuring that promises are honored and expectations are met, within the letter and spirit of the law
8. To make no representation, written or oral, which may be false or misleading and to apply a standard of honesty in all dealings
9. To furnish each family, at the time arrangements are made, with a written memorandum of charges and to make no additional charge without their approval
10. To respect all faiths, creeds and customs, and to give full effect to the role of the clergy/celebrant
11. To maintain qualified and competent staff, appropriate facilities and suitable equipment required for comprehensive funeral and cremation services
12. To assure those we serve the right of personal choice in making service arrangements
We’ve never compromised our ethics, or cut corners in quality for any reason. While that may be easy to say, rest assured we can prove it to you. Simply come in to our offices. Experience our high level of professionalism, tempered with compassion and empathy. You’ll see how hard we work to:
And while you’re here, feel free to ask one of our staff members the following questions:
Be sure to request a copy of our General Price List, or meet with a funeral director to obtain prices for caskets, urns, personalized keepsakes, and all other option available to you and your family.
You’re probably very aware that Harrod Brothers Funeral Home is not the only funeral service provider available to serve your family in a time of need. And if you’re one of today’s price conscious families, you want to have all the information you need to make the best decision regarding funeral services, which means you’ll want to compare our services to those offered by other funeral firms in the area.
And we’re here to help you in any way we can. Call us at 502-227-4526 to ask those all important questions then and there, or set an appointment to come in for a tour of our facility.
Grieving doesn't always end with the funeral: subscribe to our free daily grief support email program, designed to help you a little bit every day, by filling out the form below.
It's hard to know what to say when someone experiences loss. Our free weekly newsletter provides insights, quotes and messages on how to help during the first year.