Where Integrity Matters
We're Held to a Higher Ethical Standard
Harrod Brothers Funeral Home is a member of Selected Independent Funeral Homes, a worldwide professional association of independent, locally owned funeral homes, who share a common interest in continuous growth and improvement to best serve families and individuals in their times of need. All selected members have been hand-selected by invitation for membership, and as a member, we have agreed to uphold the professional and ethical standards of the shared Code of Good Practice. For more information on our affiliates Selected Independent Funeral Homes or Order of the Golden Rule, please visit the links at the bottom of the page.
CODE OF GOOD PRACTICE
- To provide the public with information about funeral and cremation services, including prices, functions and the responsibilities of funeral directors
- To make services available in as wide a range of price categories as necessary to meet the needs of all segments of our community, and to affirmatively extend to everyone the right to inspect and freely consider them all
- To quote conspicuously in writing the charge for every arrangement offered, and to clearly identify the services, facilities, equipment and merchandise included in such quotations
- To adhere to the highest standard of conduct in all aspects of business
- To afford an ongoing opportunity to all persons to discuss or arrange funerals in advance
- To ensure that pre-need contracts fully disclose those items which are guaranteed and those which are nonguaranteed, in terms that are clear and easy to understand
- To manage prepaid funds responsibly, ensuring that promises are honored and expectations are met, within the letter and spirit of the law
- To make no representation, written or oral, which may be false or misleading and to apply a standard of honesty in all dealings
- To furnish each family, at the time arrangements are made, with a written memorandum of charges and to make no additional charge without their approval
- To respect all faiths, creeds and customs, and to give full effect to the role of the clergy/celebrant
- To maintain qualified and competent staff, appropriate facilities and suitable equipment required for comprehensive funeral and cremation services
- To assure those we serve the right of personal choice in making service arrangements
Discover Our Integrity For Yourself
We've never compromised our ethics, or cut corners in quality for any reason. While that may be easy to say, rest assured we can prove it to you.
Simply come into our office. Experience our high level of professionalism, tempered with compassion and empathy. While you're here, feel free to ask one of our staff members the following questions:
- Are you locally owned?
- Are you a member of Selected Independent Funeral Homes?
- What types of services can I receive here if there is life insurance or if pre-paid arrangements were made?
- What are the necessary steps, materials or government regulations to consider while pre-planning a funeral?
- Am I able to customize the funeral service to meet special preferences?
- What kinds of funeral packages do you offer?
Whatever your question may be, our staff will be happy to speak patiently and strive to provide the information you are seeking. We are always here to help you in any way we can. Call us at 502-227-4526 to ask those all important questions then and there, or set an appointment to come in, see the facility and meet with our staff.